- Education & Outreach
Camping is a popular way to experience the Winnipeg Folk Festival. The festival runs two campgrounds for festival patrons – the Festival Campground and the Quiet Campground. The Festival Campground is known for its late night animation and unique sense of community. If you need peace and quiet to sleep, we suggest you consider the Quiet Campground.
Everyone is expected to follow some basic rules relating to public safety, and community well being. Please be sure to read these guidelines before you attend.
2012 Opening Times
The West Gate of Birds Hill Provincial Park opens at 7:00 AM on Wednesday, July 4.
If you arrive before 7:00 AM you’ll be turned away and you won’t be allowed to line-up along Hwy 59 so please cooperate with us and arrive at 7:00 AM when we are ready to welcome you.
The Festival and Quiet Campground Box Offices will open at 8:00 AM, Wednesday morning, one hour after the park gate opens. Please be patient. We have a large volunteer crew ready to welcome and wristband you, but when close to 8,000 folks arrive at once, inevitably, there will be a line-up.
The East Gate, located off of Hwy 206 will be closed until the campground rush is finished. It will open sometime mid-morning on Wednesday.
- Park gates are closed between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM, so don’t arrive during those times;
- The Winnipeg Folk Festival welcomes teens, but minors (under the age of 18) must be accompanied by an adult, to a limit of four minors per adult, who will be responsible for them;
- Underage campers (under the age of 18) must be accompanied by an adult to receive their wristbands. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age;
- Both camping areas are unserviced, and all vehicles are parked in an area separate from the tenting grounds;
- Parking lots are located by the campground entrance and all campers must move in their camping gear by foot, so we strongly recommend that you bring a wagon;
- A free shuttle operates during festival hours to take you from the campgrounds to the festival site, or bring a bike – we have a bike lock-up area at the Main Gate.
- RVs are welcome in both the Quiet Campground and Festival Campground, however all RVs in the Festival Campground must have a RV Vehicle Ticket, as space for RV’s is limited there.
- Campsites can not be reserved. If you want to camp with a group of friends, you need to arrive together to ensure you are camped together.
Birds Hill Provincial Park Campground
Campsite reservations at Birds Hill Provincial Park Campground are now open through the Government of Manitoba call centre at 204-948-3333 or toll-free at 1-888-482-2267 or online.
Alternative Camping and Accommodations
Click here to find accommodations that are within driving distance to Birds Hill Provincial Park.
If you have ideas or suggestions for improving the camping experience at the Winnipeg Folk Festival, we would love to hear them. Get in email@example.com