- Education & Outreach
Ride the Folk FESTIVAL EXPRESS for FREE!
Ride FREE on the Folk Festival Express – just show the driver your valid ticket, wristband or access pass when boarding. Enjoy fast and convenient transit service to and from the Festival. A one way trip from Downtown to the Festival site is approximately 50 minutes
Volunteers – please note that you can not ride Winnipeg Transit free to connect to the Volunteer Shuttle that leaves at the Fairmont (sorry, that not part of the Festival Express service).
Festival Express Route and Schedule
Buses depart every 30 minutes from York & Memorial. The last bus to Birds Hill Park departs from York & Memorial at 12:00 AM (Wednesday – Sunday). All buses on the Folk Festival Express will be low floor easy access.
All regular transit service is free to Festival goers during the Winnipeg Folk Festival when they show their Festival ticket or wristband.
Important: Last Bus Departures from Birds Hill Park
Wednesday – Saturday catch the 12:00 AM or 12:30 AM bus from the Festival site in order to make transfer connections to the last buses leaving downtown. Depending on what route you are transferring to the 12:30 AM bus may get you downtown after the last bus so check your transfer schedule before leaving.
On Sunday catch the 10:30 PM or 11:00 PM bus from the Festival site in order to make transfer connections to the last buses leaving downtown.
Festival Express buses will continue to depart from the park until approximately 1:00 AM, Wednesday through Sunday, but will not connect with regular routes once downtown.
Winnipeg Transit Info, and Terms & Conditions
- Travel time from Memorial and York to the Folk Festival Site is approximately 50 minutes one-way. Buses will operate non-stop express service from the city limits to the Folk Festival.
- Travel between the Folk Festival Site and the South Campground within Birds Hill Park is free of charge.
- No smoking allowed on the bus
- No consumption of alcohol or other intoxicants is allowed on the bus
- No bicycles are allowed on the bus
- All passengers must be seated while buses travel on the highway. No standees allowed.
- Winnipeg Transit makes every effort to maintain the published schedule; however, Winnipeg Transit is not able to guarantee that service disruptions will not occur due to uncontrollable circumstances such as accidents, road and highway construction, or weather. Winnipeg Transit may modify the schedule without notice and cannot accept responsibility for any delays or resulting inconvenience which may occur.