Camping is a great part of the Folk Fest experience.
Camping with your Folk Fest community is a wonderful, freeing, expressive experience that often feels like an escape from reality, but it’s important to keep your wits about you. Be good to yourself and to each other. Continue the Folk Fest legacy of being a respectful, caring, kind and gentle community.
Camp near your friends, mark your property and your tent and take your valuables with you when leave. If you’re not camped near your friends, make friends with your neighbours!
Safety volunteers (in blue vests) patrol the campgrounds and are there to facilitate a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. It is not their mission to police your lifestyle or inhibit self-expression. Please assist them by following their instructions when asked to do so. In the event of an emergency, call 911 first.
Take Care of Yourself, Your Friends and Be a Good Neighbour
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- You can’t drink enough water! By the time you feel thirsty, your body is already dehydrated. Water taps are marked with blue banners throughout the campgrounds.
- Eat well. Enjoy well-balanced meals throughout the day.
- Stay on marked trails – there’s poison ivy in the bushes
- Wear shoes
- Dress appropriately for the weather. If you’re not familiar with Manitoba weather, it can be hot and sunny one moment and cold and rainy the next!
What to Bring
- Tent, sleeping pad and sleeping bag
- Tarp and rain gear
- Cooking gear (pots, pans, camp stove)
- Food and a cooler
- Black garbage bags and clear recycling bags
- Blanket or a low chair
- A bike (to get to and from the Festival site)
- Water bottle and jugs (look for the water taps marked by blue flags to fill up)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- A hat for sun protection
- Warm clothing for the cool nights
- Comfortable shoes
- Fireworks, fire sticks or fire batons
- Glass (this includes beer and liquor bottles)
- Fires outside designated fire pits
- Burning or collecting scavenged wood
- Household furniture
- Amplified music
- Drum kits
- Unauthorized distribution of printed materials
- Commercial vending