2023 Applications are now open!
Volunteering with the Winnipeg Folk Festival is a rewarding experience and a great way to support the Festival!
The key to our success rests in people like you who embody the heart of the Festival and we’re certain this year will be no different. We would love your help in making it happen.
NEW: Single Day Opportunities
If you are an adult and only available to volunteer on Saturday or Sunday of the Festival weekend, you can still participate!
Single day volunteers will be asked to participate in all applicable training and meetings, just the same as a full weekend volunteer. In terms of volunteer benefits, you will earn a backstage pass for the day(s) you are able to volunteer.
Since we are trying this out for the first time, three crews are available to choose from: Site Enviro, Site Safety, and Traffic.
To apply to be an Adult volunteer, please complete this application form.
To apply to be an Apprentice volunteer (ages 13-17), please complete this application form.
To apply to be a single day volunteer, please complete this application form.
Proud Supporters of the Folk Fest Volunteer Family!
Our Commitment to Volunteers
Volunteers are the heart of the Winnipeg Folk Festival. We value volunteering as a means for people to share, learn, and connect with our community. We greatly respect the time, skills and dedication that our volunteers bring to the Festival each year. We are committed to providing appropriate and safe responsibilities, applicable orientation and training, effective leadership, fair evaluation and meaningful recognition for all volunteers as well as the opportunity to grow, create and engage with others.
What We Expect
As members of our Festival community, we all play an important role in the success of the Winnipeg Folk Festival. We bear a responsibility to ourselves, to others and to the organization to uphold the following Standards of Conduct:
What We Offer
We offer a great benefits package to our volunteers that includes:
- A four-day Winnipeg Folk Fest pass with backstage access (exception: single day opportunities, see above).
- A chance to be part of a volunteer community and make new friends.
- A four-day Winnipeg Folk Fest pass with backstage access.
- Delicious, complimentary meals backstage during the Festival.
- A specially designed crew T-shirt.
- Free bus transportation between downtown Winnipeg and the Folk Fest site.
- Free vehicle access to Birds Hill Provincial Park.
- Great work experience.
- The opportunity to be part of creating a magical experience for over 70,000 people!
You must be logged in to post a comment.