The Ultimate Winnipeg Folk Fest Packing List
Whether you are coming out for the day or staying the whole weekend in one of our campgrounds we want to ensure that all you wonderful folkies are prepared for the big weekend! Run through the list below and make sure you’re ready to go.
- Water bottle – Be sure to bring your own water bottle from home – or buy one at the music store in the Festival Village – and fill up on cool and clean water. Our taps on-site are marked with tall blue flags.
- Food & snacks – You must be fed to fully enjoy the music! Bring your own snacks or buy from any of our 30 delicious food vendors with local, organic and fair trade food – including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options – for great prices.
- Clothing for all weather – This includes hats and sunblock for the hot sunny days and hoodies, raincoats and boots in case of cooler weather or rain.
- Good footwear – The site is big and the last thing you want is a painful blister to ruin your weekend so make sure you have good walking (and dancing!) footwear.
- Money – We do have ATMs on site but if you’re looking to avoid lineups, come with cash in your wallet for the Tavern, food vendors and the Hand-Made Village as not all of them take credit or debit cards.
- Sleeping bags
- Air mattresses
- Camping chairs
- Cooler and/or water jugs
- Camping stove or grill
- Food for the weekend
Safety & First Aid
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Bug spray
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- Long pants
- Rain gear
- 2019 Winnipeg Folk Fest hoodie or our NEW crew neck
- Extra shoes/sneakers
- Rain boots
- Soaps and shampoos
- Toilet paper (you never know)
- Earplugs (for sleeping)
- Your phone with the 2019 Winnipeg Folk Fest app downloaded to keep you up-to-date
- Extra set of keys to keep with you at all times (avoid keeping keys in your car!)
- Blanket (for sitting)
- Portable speakers or radio
Prohibited items. Vehicles and bags are subject to search by festival staff and volunteers for prohibited materials. We do not allow and may confiscate: glass, household furniture, amplified music, drum kits, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)/drones, print materials for distribution, unauthorized generators, pets (service dogs welcome), illegal drugs, binge drinking devices, laser pointers, firearms/weapons, sky/Chinese/Kongming lanterns, fireworks and other explosives. Commercial vending is also prohibited. Alcohol is only allowed on the festival site when purchased from, and consumed in, the Folk Fest taverns.