We all look forward to these four days in July, so of course it’s important to stay safe and look out for each other. We want your Folk Fest experience to be as wonderful as you’ve been imagining all year!
Winnipeg Folk Festival is ready to get back to celebrating people and music. With our concert series now in full swing and the 2022 Festival on the horizon we are more excited than ever to bring music back to our community. It’s crucial that we support artists who have been so innovative, continuing to reach fans with the hopes of one day returning to in-person shows. In returning to live music venues, and soon, Birds Hill Park, we are dedicated to keeping our folkies, volunteers, staff, and our community safe.
Government-issued proof of full vaccination is required for all in-person shows, including the 2022 Winnipeg Folk Festival, in accordance with current public health orders and feedback from the overwhelming majority of our audience survey respondents.
We’re making the best decision possible to keep our community safe so we can get back to supporting the live music industry. We thank you for your understanding and for continuing to support the Winnipeg Folk Festival, and our commitment to the community!
These requirements reflect the information we have right now. We know public health orders, mandates and recommendations are subject to change. We are prepared to adapt to best and most safely serve our Folk Fest community:
- Government-issued proof of full vaccination (two doses plus two weeks) is required for Winnipeg Folk Festival events in the form of a physical or digital copy of a Manitoba Immunization Card, the federal Pan-Canadian Proof-of-Vaccination Certificate or, for international attendees, local government-issued documentation used to enter Canada, for all staff, volunteers, artists, mentors, guests, patrons, and other participants that are eligible for vaccination that are 12 years of age or older.
- Children under 12 years of age do not require government-issued proof of full vaccination but must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent or guardian who is over the age of 18.
- Manitoba residents with government approved medical exemptions may present their Manitoba Immunization Card for entry. Out of province or international government-issued medical exemptions must be submitted to the Winnipeg Folk Festival prior to the event for verification and approval.
- Winnipeg Folk Festival will not store or share any health information beyond verification for the purpose of the project.
- Winnipeg Folk Festival will not tolerate anyone who insults, harasses, or otherwise interferes with others on the basis of vaccination status or a similar matter.
- All other safety protocols including masks and distancing must be followed regardless of vaccination status.