We rely on attendees, guests and volunteers to create a safe environment for all to enjoy the Festival. Everyone has a fun, relaxed time when they know what to expect.
By purchasing tickets to the Winnipeg Folk Festival, you agree to adhere to our Safer Spaces Policy and Terms & Conditions as outlined below.
Terms & Conditions
Wristbands must be worn at all times and shown for entry into Folk Fest campgrounds and the Festival site. Wristbands are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. If your wristband is removed or tampered with, it cannot be replaced and you will not be allowed entry.
You are responsible for yourself. You assume full responsibility and liability for your participation in and attendance at the Festival. This means you also assume all risks and dangers incidental to the WFF, including loss or damage to property, personal injury or death, and hereby forever release, discharge and hold the WFF, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives harmless from any claim arising from such risk, even if arising from the negligence of the WFF, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, agents or representatives, or by third parties.
Prohibited items. Vehicles and bags are subject to search by Festival staff and volunteers for prohibited materials. We do not allow outside alcohol to be brought onto the Festival site. We do not allow and may confiscate: glass, household furniture, amplified music, drum kits, drones, print materials for distribution, unauthorized generators, pets (service dogs welcome), illegal drugs, binge drinking devices, laser pointers, firearms/weapons, sky lanterns, fireworks and other explosives. Commercial vending is also prohibited.
Disorderly conduct is not tolerated at Folk Fest. This includes drunkenness, rowdy or otherwise disorderly conduct, obscene, crude or abusive language, taking inappropriate or non-consensual photographs or video and/or failure to follow directions from Festival staff and volunteers. Please see our Safer Spaces Policy.
You consent to receive first aid. You consent to have medical treatment and/or transport that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event. You release the WFF and all persons participating in any such medical treatment of all legal liability for any such actions.
Photography at Folk Fest. You acknowledge that people are using video and photographic cameras at the event and that your image may be captured on video or in photographs, which may subsequently be displayed or disseminated without your consent or payment of compensation to you and you release the WFF from any legal liability for such filming, photographing or dissemination. You understand and accept that other than for personal use, images, film or video you obtain at the event may not be used without the prior written permission of the WFF.
Professional photography equipment, defined as any camera with a detachable lens, monopods, tripods, etc. is prohibited. Small digital cameras, of a size that can fit in your pocket, are permitted on the Festival site. Gate personnel have final say on whether a camera is professional or not.
No personal vehicles are allowed. Due to the high density of pedestrians in the area, we are unable to accommodate the use of personal motorized vehicles anywhere on our premises except for motorized scooters used for accessibility reasons. Bicycles are not permitted on the Folk Fest site (a bike lockup is available just outside the Festival entrance) and should be used with caution in the Festival campgrounds. Please walk your bike on all trails you share with pedestrians. If you have an e-bike, powered assist must be turned off while in the campground - otherwise, it must be walked.
All ticket sales are final except in the situation of a full event cancellation by the Winnipeg Folk Festival. Subject to the provisions below for an event cancellation, there are no exchanges or refunds once the tickets have been purchased. No exchange or refund will be issued if a Festival performer is changed or if their performance is cancelled, rescheduled or delayed. In the event of a full event cancellation, the Winnipeg Folk Festival will offer refunds and will inform ticket buyers through its official website about procedures for obtaining a refund.
Tickets cannot be resold for a profit. Tickets can be resold to other audience members at the face value ticket price.
Safer Spaces Policy
We believe EVERYONE has the right to experience the Winnipeg Folk Festival (WFF) as a safe place where they are welcome and respected.
As an organization, we encourage creativity, freedom of expression and attire, and respectful discussion, but not at the harm of others - regardless of attendees’ intentions.
We believe that every individual, no matter their gender, ability, age, ethnicity and sexuality should feel safe and comfortable in our environment and free from any negativity or harm due to others’ display of symbols, actions or words. Any form of discrimination, harassment, sexual violence and/or assault, disorderly conduct or any behaviour verbal or physical that demeans or marginalizes another will not be tolerated.
It is also important to remember that the WFF and its campgrounds are subject to provincial and federal laws. Please respect the valuable work that law enforcement officers and our own Safety and Security Folk volunteers in blue vests do to keep everyone in our Folk Fest community safe.
When you join us at the WFF, our Festival Campground and/or Quiet Campground, you agree to the safer spaces policy. Let’s support each other and ensure our community continues to be one of inclusiveness and respect!
- Campers 17 years and younger must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who will be held solely responsible for the actions of the minors under their care. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age.
- When setting up your tent please ensure at least one foot of clear ground space all around your tent or RV in case of emergency to allow first responders to safely assist you and/or your neighbours.
- The maximum Tent Size is 10’ x 20’, maximum tent peg length is 12”. Tent size restrictions allow you to safely enjoy the space with your fellow folkies.
- All of our camping areas are unserviced and generators are not allowed.
- Your Camping Ticket does not include water or electrical hook-ups. Fire pits, picnic tables, water taps and device charging stations are available for communal use.
- Birds Hill Provincial Park has rules in place to reduce the risk of fire.
- Fires are only permitted in the park’s metal and concrete pits. No fire pits from home.
- Flames must not exceed 1.5 feet from the top of the pit and must be supervised at all times.
- Do not collect wood from the grounds – it destroys animal habitats.
- Fire sticks, tiki torches, batons and fireworks are prohibited.
RV Camping Rules
- Only units registered as: motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheels or tent trailers are permitted. Truck/SUV tents, designed specifically to attach to your truck/SUV and convert it into a living space are permitted. Sleeping in your car, an unconverted van or box truck is not allowed.
- Once inside, camping vehicles must not be moved except when vacating the campground.
- In the Festival Campground, vehicles pulling trailers must leave the RV camping area after parking their trailers. The exception is trucks providing power to fifth wheels.
- In the Quiet Campground, vehicles pulling trailers can stay in the RV camping area with their trailers as long as they do not move for the remainder of Festival.
- If you require access to power for medical devices, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate you.
All ticket sales are final except in the situation of a full event cancellation by the Winnipeg Folk Festival.
Subject to the provisions below for an event cancellation, there are no exchanges or refunds once the tickets have been purchased. No exchange or refund will be issued if a festival performer is changed or if their performance is cancelled, rescheduled or delayed.
In the event of a full event cancellation, the Winnipeg Folk Festival will offer refunds and will inform ticket buyers through its official website about procedures for obtaining a refund.